The key to social media success doesn’t come from over posting relevant news or content, but truly finding a way to engage with your target demographic. That said, planning is also instrumental to executing an effective strategy that will provide a positive ROI.
Recently, I came across an article posted on Entrepreneur regarding 14 eye-opening Instagram stats. For many marketers out there who are still wondering if Instagram is the way to go or not, continue reading especially if you’re in the B2C space…
- Instagram counts 300 million monthly active users (Instagram).
- Instagram executives think the network eventually will hit 1 billion monthly active users (Business Insider).
- Instagram is the eighth most popular mobile app in the U.S. (comScore).
- Instagram is projected to reach 45.8 million U.S. users in 2015 and 50.6 million in 2016 (Statista).
- More than 30 billion photos have been shared on Instagram since it was launched in 2010 (Instagram).
- An average of 70 million photos are shared through the app each day (Instagram).
- Engagement on Instagram is 15 times that of Facebook’s (Fast Company).
- 53 percent of Internet-using adults age 18 to 29 are on Instagram (Pew Research Center). That’s up from 37 percent in 2013.
- 76 percent of American teenagers use Instagram, making it their favorite social media network (CBS News).
- 49 percent of all Instagram users use the app each day (Pew Research Center).
- 94 percent of Instagram users are on Facebook (Pew Research Center). Facebook owns Instagram.
- 58 percent of Twitter users also use Instagram (Pew Research Center).
- 52 percent of Instagram users also use Twitter (Pew Research Center).
- Nike is the most popular brand on Instagram (Totems List).